Position: Chief Electronics Engineer
PHOTONICS - Fiber optical industry
CHINA - SHANGHAI
About the COMPANY:
MNC is a leading global provider of innovative and reliable technology that enables communications and data connectivity, in next-generation mobile and fixed-line access networks, in metro networks, and in data centers. MNC’ technology enables FTTx networks to deliver bandwidth, flexibility, and connectivity solutions for consumer’s data needs. We support the ongoing revolution in wireless connectivity with secure, fast, reliable technology that enables global bandwidth capacity to grow. We invent next-generation solutions to provide data centers with low power, high data rate technology to meet the demands of the rapidly growing cloud data industry.
The chief electronics engineer is responsible for the technical supervision and control of product development, production and field return handling; At this phase of company’s development, it is also the chief electronics engineer’s focus to stablish basic fundamentals from a product design kickoff to general availability from design, supply chain to manufacturing; Developing talents is the third key elements of this position;
- Review, evaluate and sign off electronical design of key platform;
- Lead design of top strategic NPDs in collaboration with other part of the design in either a TO, OSA or a transceiver;
- Provide timely technical support requested by design teams throughout a Product Life Cycle;
- Maintain right level of resources to be put into research programs as needed on basic principles of electronic circuit, PCB layout, SI/PI, EMC/EMI study, etc.
- Review and evaluate manufacturing processes and equipment related to electronics parts to establish a roadmap of continuous improvement;
- Review, evaluate and sign off key testing system;
- Review current testing and measuring system at Taiwan, Chengdu and US headquarter. Propose a roadmap for alignment. Assure product quality by designing testing methods, confirming assembly process etc.;
- Keep informed of the telecom industry standards including transceiver environment reliability standard;
- Have deep understand of top suppliers to maintain knowledge on supply side of capability;
- Visit customers to keep abreast with customer needs and market trend;
- Actively participate and lead the efforts on electronics side when there is a major RMA to ensure customers are served first;
- Develop overall company’s capability in electronics design;
- Maintain a knowledge and product data base per company requirement;
- Provide training to the organization, share best practice and not-recommended design cases;
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending seminar, workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies etc.
- 10-year experience on electronical design in fiber optical industry is preferred; Familiar with OSA , Transceiver MSA
- 5 to 10-year experience on optical transceiver’s mass production process, include PCB, SMT, Soldering, Testing, etc. process
- Familiar with different optical electronical platform design include DML and EML
- Totally conversant in the specification of receivers, transmitters, signal processing and software as applied to optical transceiver module.
- Good interpersonal skills to allow effective leadership of technical staff, internal support departments and customers.
- Practical knowledge of requirements management including experience of working with stakeholders (internal and external) to elicit, analyze and negotiate requirements
- Proven ability to lead design reviews internally, with sub-contractors and with other experts
- Experience on design of high volume electronic module production, experience on transceiver module are preferred
- Minimize risk by creating a formal assessment and design review processes (DFMEA, PFMEA).
- Proficient on accurate modeling with HFSS, Siwave and Designer (or other tools) for EM, SI/PI/EMI and RF Circuit Simulation
- Known well on the DOE design for material analysis and electronical experiment
- Master degree in electronical engineering is preferred; Minimum requirement of bachelor degree in electronical engineering;
- Other than optical industry, candidates from electronics industry with same electronical precision requirement and using similar material can also be considered.
- Proficient in Chinese both oral and written
- Enjoy teaching
- Flexible with travelling