The President & General Manager
Equipment and Solutions business
Direct REPORTS: > 6 / 4 Sales teams + 2 Admin
Subordinates: 125 + This job has supervisory responsibilities for all employees in China
REPORTS TO: MNC Operations, U.S.
FUNCTION: Commercial Operations - BD
RESPONSIBLE FOR: SOM / SAM / TAM in China, Sales, Service, Applications service, Apps development...
LOCATION: Shanghai, China
A solid US based, multinational public company boasting to be #1 in its industry – Global scientific instruments / measuring instruments company with products like: Solid state lasers for material processing, scientific research …, Metrology and Defect, Detection Medical Device Quality Control, SMT Component Manufacturing MLCC Testing | Circuit Trimming, Semiconductor Manufacturing Wafer Mark | Groove | Dice, for Processing systems used for PCB manufacturing, Laser-based, for PCB Manufacturing Solutions Flexible PCB | Rigid Board HDI, for IC packaging fabrication, for passive component manufacturing, for testing, and inspection, for semiconductor wafer processing and component parts micro-machining;
- Will lead all business functional teams of Equipment and Solutions business to achieve the defined objectives in China.
- He/she will manage the Sales team directly and provide collaborative leadership for other functions such as Service, Applications and Application Development.
- The GM will oversee the formulation of suitable account, channel and partnership strategies to support all business initiatives in China.
- As the senior in-country leader, he/she will also advise in all aspects on how organization can be successful in China.
- He/she will define and develop key customer/partner management relationship which are important for the company. In addition, development or upgrade of the existing team for succession planning is also expected from this position.
- Responsible to lead all business Operations for China and will have responsibilities covering Sales, Service, Applications service, Apps development.
- He/she will engage the broad Electronics market in China to determine Company’s TAM/SAM and market potential SOM in the Laser Systems market with special attention given to customers in the Semiconductor, Consumer Products (OEMs) market and the ODM (Subcontractors) market.
- The GM will define the China market, visiting target customers and learn what is needed to succeed. GM will identify and develop strategic partnerships with key Contract Manufacturers and R&D companies, execute the China Strategy Business plan and continue to refine how Company can be successful in the China market as an expert in all aspects the local culture and business processes in China.
- Identifies potential markets, develops appropriate Go-to Market strategies, Key Account Penetration plans and distribution/channel strategies.
- Explore opportunities and develop proposals to enhance our competitiveness in China market thru localization.
- Plans and develops suitable programs to ensure accomplishment of financial goals and optimum allocation of resources.
- Liaise and negotiate with key customers on contract terms and conditions.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Business Development on New Product Introduction and supervise China team to proliferate success to ensure maximum penetration of targeted market segment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs and manage their expectations appropriately
Interpersonal Skills: Build a trusting relationship with internal and external customers.
Teamwork: Build a work environment that promotes collaboration and commitment to group success in meeting goals and objectives.
Leadership: Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
Ethics: Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
Strategic: Thinking – Able to look ahead and help position the company for the best emerging opportunities.
Motivation: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Quality: Hold a high standard in quality output across entire organization
Innovation: Open to new ideas and encourage continuous improvements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform such functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Master’s Degree in Business Management will be an advantage;
- Minimum 10 years of Semiconductor or Printed Circuit Board (PCB) equipment Sales experience, of which at least 8 years in a management capacity.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondences, and business proposals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in both English and Chinese.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good phone and computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Other Skills, Abilities, Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior troubleshooting skills, combined with a methodical approach and clear communications.
- Strong initiative, organized and thorough execution
- Ability to take a leadership role in projects and thrive in a fast paced team environment.
- Ability to research, understand and apply relevant information from a variety of sources.
- Complete complex tasks on schedule while delivering quality output.
- Ability to travel to internationally, at times on short notice in support of MNC business.
Why Join Us?
Competitive company resource and benefit offered
Large company platform for career development
The best products in its market worldwide
Dynamic company culture and team environment
Travel opportunities to US and Asia