Vice President of Research & Development
A solid US based, multinational public company designs, manufactures, markets semiconductor wafer processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits.
Reporting to: SVP
- Leads Technology Development Programs and Projects meet organization goals and requirements.
- Lead effectively RD organization of 3 growing teams total of 36 including ME and MM Director. Mechanical engineering team, Electrical engineers and Software engineers. 1 ME manager, 1 EE manager and 1 Software Sr. manager.
- Lead teams to solve difficult technical issues.
- Facing customer as needed for example when introduction of the product is made.
- Understands the product update and how to identify project to meet with business requirement.
- New business, product and process development, resource allocation, people management and competency development.
- Leads design & development of innovative technology. Ensure design deliverables are aligned with customer expectations and executed within budget and timeline.
- Build and manage a highly skilled R&D teams, continuously improve their quality of output, working process/methodology and productivity.
- Keep the focus on Problem Solving, Productivity Improvement and Profitability of the company.
- Oversee the entire R&D department, developing and implementing research and development procedures and techniques.
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of innovative products.
- Work closely with other executives and team members to align the company's strategic goals with our R&D initiatives.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement, creativity, and innovation within the R&D team.
- Stay informed of industry trends and advancements in technology, adapting our strategies as needed to remain competitive.
- Prepare and manage R&D budgets, ensuring resources are used efficiently.
- Coordinate with Sales, Marketing, and Engineering to ensure successful product rollouts.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Science, or a related field. PhD preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in R&D, with a focus on semiconductor process equipment.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and manage a high-performing team.
- Demonstrated success in product innovation and overseeing the product development process.
- Strong understanding of the semiconductor industry and market trends.
- Excellent communication, strategic planning, and project management skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience to lead large team effectively
- Experience / understanding of Mechanical / Electrical engineering
- R&D experiences of semiconductor equipment, especially in Front-end process, like etch，PVD，CVD， ALD ;
- The knowledge of equipment life cycle, from R&D early stage to product launched,
- Experience to be hands on leader, focus on detail, willing to work with team as needed.
- Good communication skill with customer R&D, Manufacturing & Purchasing understanding technology and the Products.
- Able to travel up to 30%
- English and Chinese communication skills
Why Join Us?
- Competitive benefits package
- Extensive platform for career development
- Opportunity to work with highly sought-after products in the global market
- International travel opportunities for product training, particularly to the US and Europe