General Manager (China)
Shanghai or Shenzhen Office location preferred
Famous MNC with manufacturing plants in USA, South America and China.
This MNC is international provider of instruments, and spectra of products and solutions used in advanced manufacturing environment. Products include laser, optics, photonics products and related components and others. Target market: General industry, Solar, Energy, FPD, Electronics, Semi…
Direct REPORTS: 4
Subordinates: Total 60+, Sales, FSE, AE, CSR…
REPORTS TO: APAC DIRECTOR, and works closely with U.S. corporate office
FUNCTION: Leader / Commercial Operations - BD
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Responsibility for long-term strategic planning of the organization including, Sales, Service, Application Engineers, Field Service Engineers...Also needs deep management experience and understanding as well as experience with SOM / SAM / TAM in China
LOCATION: Shanghai or Shenzhen or other, China
• Own China Go-To-Market Strategy
• Own sales organization budgets to stay competitive
• Define and Create a “Customer Focused culture” to ensure internally, a “serving one another” team arrangement and effective teamwork, in order to reflect superior customer experience for the Company customers and to demonstrate competitive differentiation
• Allocate resources, (people and budget) to support China’s Go-To-Market Strategy, and Customer Focus Culture
• Proactively review and manage functional organizational structure, roles, and responsibilities to ensure effective interdepartmental service level agreement. Right size the organization with the right direction and talents to support the China Sales Strategy
• Work collaboratively in a matrix environment and foster collaboration within the China teams, Division Senior Management Team, and Business Units
• Lead and coach China’s functional leaders to translate China’s Go-To-Market Strategy and Customer Technology priorities into a tactical strategy. activities, costs, operational processes, and forecast principles. Oversee the functional division progress toward stated goals and objectives
• Communicate effectively with the Company international teams. Able to educate, articulate and influence key stakeholders to help the Company be successful in China.
• Know, keep track of, and inform of the overall China market trend, gaps, opportunities, and technology trends of all the stakeholders, China teams, and Business Units.
• Keep abreast of the International Market changes and know the major market technologies trend
• Work with Sales Director in developing and implementing sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization.
• Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality and accuracy in the planning efforts with a consistent process
• Accountable top line and bottom line bookings growth in accordance with company targets
• Works with BU leadership on pricing strategies to optimize company profits
• Establishes and maintains key business relationships with major customers in China.
• Step in to support the sales teams as needed.
• Prioritize major customer needs, and be informed of the technology roadmaps, and communicate compelling business cases.
• Align with Business Units to support the Sales Go-To-Market strategy and Strategy Planning
• Work with the Sales Director to deploy robust processes and procedures for each Sales Channel to adhere to Company compliance requirements. Ensure the organizational practices complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
• Support and be the sponsor of Global Sales Enablement and Sales Operations initiatives.
• Work closely with Sales Operation and Sales Enablement to implement call-to-action skills, knowledge, behaviours, and daily best practices.
• Responsible for organizational development and staffing
• Develop leadership and team competence with a focus on creating a performance-based (high accountability) culture, encouraging the leaders of the functions to develop measurable goals and objectives for themselves and their teams that support the business top line and profitability growth
• Process development/continuous improvements and change management
• Secure adequate competence and development plans for building leaders and teams. A strong believer in continuous people development and succession planning.
• Demonstrate ‘Leader as Coach’ and ‘Servant Leadership. Seek to understand first (listen) before trying to be understood.
• Look for inconsistency and challenge the leaders to think outside the box for solutions
• The position is a Senior level Management who has experience managing a large workforce in China with the ability and experience to lead and coach a team through influence and modeling
• Experience managing large scale, technical teams, after sales services, and sales is a requirement
• The candidate will have had more than 5 years of experience doing general business in China and should have managed a China sales organization with a proven and successful track record of developing and implementing sales strategies in China
• Proven track record of managing sales channels (3rd party resellers, Field Sales, and Key Account Managers), growing major accounts, and over-achieving on sales objectives
• Strong leadership and exceptional communication, presentation, and consultative selling skills. Able to take and understand all the data, then present it in an effective logical format
• Work effectively in regional and global environments, influencing business deci-sions to support China’s growth, acting as “bridge” between China and corporate headquarters regarding all relevant decision-making processes
• Direct skills in Profit & Loss management
• In-depth knowledge of the related industry, technical landscape and competitor landscape Experience in the
• Photonics industry is a plus (not a must have)
• Excellent knowledge of functions including Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Legal, etc.
Passion for continuous improvement and operational excellence, including a proactive commitment to compliance, quality, health, safety, and environmental
• Ability to set priorities, direct priorities, track activities and monitor progress to-wards goals
• Outstanding problem-solving skills to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, make recommendations, and/or resolve the problem
• Fluent in Mandarin and English, both verbal and written.
• Experience in a multicultural environment is a must, international experience is preferred
• Degree in Engineering, Master’s preferred, in a technical/related field, preferably in Photonics and MBA preferred
• Over 15 years of business management experience, with 5+ years of similar Senior Management role experience.
• Approximately 30% both domestic and international travel
Why Join Us?
Competitive company resource and benefit offered
Large company platform for career development
The best products in its market worldwide
Dynamic company culture and team environment
Travel opportunities to US and Asia