Position: Chief Mechanical Engineer
PHOTONICS - Fiber optical industry
CHINA - SHANGHAI
About the COMPANY:
MNC is a leading global provider of innovative and reliable technology that enables communications and data connectivity, in next-generation mobile and fixed-line access networks, in metro networks, and in data centers. MNC’ technology enables FTTx networks to deliver bandwidth, flexibility, and connectivity solutions for consumer’s data needs. We support the ongoing revolution in wireless connectivity with secure, fast, reliable technology that enables global bandwidth capacity to grow. We invent next-generation solutions to provide data centers with low power, high data rate technology to meet the demands of the rapidly growing cloud data industry.
The chief mechanical engineer is responsible for the technical supervision and control of product development, production and field return handling; At this phase of company’s development, it is also the chief mechanical engineer’s focus to stablish basic fundamentals from a product design kickoff to general availability from design, supply chain to manufacturing; Developing talents is the third key elements of this position;
1. Review, evaluate and sign off mechanical design of key platform;
2. Lead design of top strategic NPDs in collaboration with other part of the design in either a TO, OSA or a transceiver;
3. Provide timely technical support requested by design teams throughout a product Life Cycle;
4. Maintain right level of resources to be put into research programs as needed on basic principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, metallurgic study etc.
5. Review and evaluate manufacturing processes and equipment related to mechanical parts to establish a roadmap of continuous improvement;
6. Review, evaluate and sign off key tooling and jig design;
7. Review current mechanical testing and measuring system at Taiwan, Chengdu and US headquarter. Propose a roadmap for alignment. Assure product quality by designing testing methods, confirming assembly process etc.;
8. Keep informed of the industry standards;
9. Have deep understand of top suppliers to maintain knowledge on supply side of capability;
10. Visit customers to keep abreast with customer needs and market trend;
11. Actively participate and lead the efforts on mechanical side when there is a major RMA to ensure customers are served first;
12. Develop overall company’s capability in mechanical design;
13. Maintain a knowledge and product data base per company requirement;
14. Provide training to the organization, share best practice and not-recommended design cases;
15. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending seminar, workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies etc.
- 10-year experience on mechanical design in optical device industry is preferred; Familiar with optical adaptor/connector and TRX MSA
- 5 to 10-year experience on OSA mass production process, include the optical components alignment, laser welding and epoxy process
- Familiar with precision mechanical part’s tolerance, assembly and produce process, as well as its measurement method.
- Familiar with different optical mechanical platform design include TO, XMD and Micro optical bench, experience on GD&T analysis
- 5 to 10-year experience of OSA alignment fixture, jig design. And has strong modeling/analysis capability on fixture/Jig precision and repeatability
- Familiar with metallic materials characters, have experience on material strengthens and deform analysis
- Experience on design of high volume production OSA
- Proficient on accurate modeling with HFSS (or other tools) for finite element analysis.
- Proficient on transient analysis for material deform (external pressure or thermal stress), material internal defects, inner stress, thermal stress, regional thermal impulse, metal phase change and etc.
- Known well on the DOE design for material analysis and mechanical experiment
- Has experience on hybrid interactive simulation between mechanical GD&T and optical parameter optimization
- Master degree in mechanical engineering is preferred; Minimum requirement of bachelor degree in mechanical engineering;
- Other than optical industry, candidates from electronics industry with same mechanical precision requirement and using similar material can also be considered.
Proficient in Chinese both oral and written