Position: Material Scientist
PHOTONICS - Fiber optical industry
CHINA - KUNSHAN / SUZHOU
About the COMPANY:
MNC is a leading global provider of innovative and reliable technology that enables communications and data connectivity, in next-generation mobile and fixed-line access networks, in metro networks, and in data centers. MNC’ technology enables FTTx networks to deliver bandwidth, flexibility, and connectivity solutions for consumer’s data needs. We support the ongoing revolution in wireless connectivity with secure, fast, reliable technology that enables global bandwidth capacity to grow. We invent next-generation solutions to provide data centers with low power, high data rate technology to meet the demands of the rapidly growing cloud data industry.
Materials scientists are expert to study substances at the atomic and molecular levels and the ways in which the substances interact with one another. Material scientists will use their knowledge to help or provide consulting service to develop new and improved existing III- V group compound semiconductor processes. Furthermore, he/she will use his/her technical background to guide team to understand the structures and chemical properties of various materials, such as metal, epoxy, plastic etc.
- Review, evaluate existing manufacturing process of III- V group compound semiconductor laser/PD such as grating process, Dry/Wet etching, photolithography, PECVD, sputter, plating, lapping, polishing, facet coating etc.
- Guide to improve LD/PD production yield.
- Study and understand MOCVD (metal organic chemical vapor deposition) method and share knowledges, lesson-learnt, experience to team.
- Develop overall company’s capability in manufacturing semi-conductor laser.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending seminar, workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies etc.
- Strong technical background and solid theoretical base in semi-conductor laser are required.
- 20-year experience in semi-conductor laser industry, III- V group compound semiconductor manufacturing experience is must, the experience and knowledge of In, Ga, As, is preferred.
- Familiar with all kinds of material used in manufacturing of III- V group compound semiconductor laser and Photo-diode.
- Language Requirement: None, we will provide translator.
- Hsiuchu, Taiwan (most time), and Chengdu, USA
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and teaching people.