Sales manager, Microscopy Imaging Systems, Greater China
(For Chinese Nationals only)
MNC with manufacturing plants in USA, South America and China.
This MNC is a global provider of instruments, subsystems and process control solutions that measure, control, power, monitor and analyze critical parameters of advanced manufacturing processes to improve process performance and productivity.
This position will be responsible for all sales of imaging systems, directly and through the distributor network, in greater China. The product lines include scanning laser confocal microscopy, multiphoton microscopy systems, Optical Coherence Tomography systems, Electrophysiology systems and microscopy components. This position reports to the General Manager.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
· Actively approaches key accounts using own market knowledge and Company knowledge in persons and systems. Recognizes and creates opportunities of sales through visits.
· Able to close projects in a systematic, pragmatic and logical manner.
· Able to set realistic customer’s expectations to realize a returning customer base.
· Able to negotiate and close complex projects
· Identifies opportunities in new markets and develop strategies on how to penetrate these markets
· Gives market feedback and participate in the development of the next product generation.
· Attends major tradeshows to create additional customer contacts
· Recommends small local trade shows to the organization and their content in order to maximize the number and quality of sales leads
· Able to track open sales project using a customer relationship management software program.
· Lives the Company philosophy being the most appreciated problem solver for the customer’s application, i.e. he understands the application, involves Tech Support of the product lines for help, assesses the return on invest of customer specific activities, reacts quickly and keeps promises.
Scientific and Sales Background Qualifications:
1) A minimum of 5 years of microscopy experience. Very familiar in microscopy techniques such as Phase Contrast, DIC, Dark Field, Köhler Illumination
2) Working Knowledge of:
· Confocal Microcopy
· Two Photon Microscopy
· Optical Coherence Tomography
· Imaging Cytometry
· Good understanding on the use of lasers and especially femtosecond lasers in imaging
3) Minimum 5 years of experience in capital equipment sales; preferably imaging system including but
not limited to microscope 2 photon, Optical Coherence Tomography and Optical Trapping equipment
4) Experience with cellular imaging and/or recording equipment, emphasis on :
· Cell transport
· Brain slices
· Whole Animal studies
· Calcium imaging
5) Advanced Degree in Biology, Neurophysiology, Anatomy or Cellular Biology. PhD candidates preferred.
Interpersonal and Sales Skills:
1) Listening and communication skills
· Fluent in English and Chinese.
· Must be able to understand and summarize scientific data with customers.
· Clearly communicate scientific terms and language, and understand customer application to develop sales projects.
2) Strong presentation and sales skills.
3) Professional selling ethics.
4) Understand and capture new opportunities and be able to communicate them to the appropriate individuals in the company.
· Identify new markets to be able to sell the current Company products.
· Identify new opportunities to enhance Company core competency and develop new tools.
5) Candidates that are familiar with Company products is a plus.
6) Must be able to travel up to 60% of the time.
Company is a leading designer and manufacturer of photonics equipment for research, manufacturing, and biomedical applications. Company is headquartered in Newton, New Jersey with over 1300 employees at manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As a vertically integrated company we design, develop, and manufacture our product portfolio of over 15,000 SKUs. Company was established in 2009, and is a fast growing center for sales, manufacturing, and R&D work.
To speed up the process please indicate "SM Microscopy Shanghai" in the subject line and use this application form.