JOB TITLE: Software Engineer - Shanghai, China
BUSINESS UNIT: Service Group
About the company:
A a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, #1 worldwide company develops innovative solutions that help customers build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices. This success is the result of our employees' diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels close collaboration and ongoing innovation.
Join the team, where you can write your own success story. Come help us solve our customers' toughest problems and be part of a company that plays a vital role in the future of electronics.
COMPANY: This famous multinational, global company engages in the design, manufacture, marketing, and service of semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits
Job Segment: Developer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Computer Science, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering
LOCATION: China (Shanghai, Pudong)
- Software Product Applications engineers are responsible for providing effective and fast solutions to customer issues/requests reported on Lam equipment’s.
- The group interacts with customers and field service engineers to understand the problem, troubleshoot the issue and perform root cause analysis.
- The key objective would be to drive customer escalations/requests with highest degree of commitment towards effective closure.
- SW Troubleshooting – Answering customer calls/emails, gathering information and data, performing in-depth analysis of logs, recreating the issue, navigating through code (if required), coordinating with development and quality team for fix validation.
- Documentation – Creating, reviewing and publishing technical documentation for customers and field service engineers.
- Other responsibilities would include creating scripts, reviewing licenses and software upgrade requests from customers
- Excellent Logical and analytical skills
- Flair for troubleshooting technical problems
- Excellent communication skills ( ability to communicate effectively with international customers)
- Computer Architecture and Operating system knowledge
- Knowledge of UNIX & QNX RTOS
- Knowledge of C & C++
- Education Qualification: B.E/B.Tech from Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Electronics, Electronics & Communication
- Cut off percentage: 65% Aggregate (No backlog as of now)
- 6 months – 24 months experience in handling customer escalations
- Competitive company resource and benefit offered
- Large company platform for career development
- Dynamic company culture and team environment
- Travel opportunities within China and US
To learn more or to apply for the position please help us understand your background use the form bellow. Thank you.