Asia Region, Senior Vice President & General Manager, Asia
( Japan, Korea, or Shanghai, China )
search for this position is currently placed on hold - if you want to be updated once search resumes please apply as instructed bellow and patiently wait for any update (AUGUST 26.2014)
We thank all who applied so far for patience and understanding
MNC with manufacturing plants in USA, South America and China.
This MNC is a global provider of instruments, subsystems and process control solutions that measure, control, power, monitor and analyze critical parameters of advanced manufacturing processes to improve process performance and productivity.
Reporting to the President and Chief Operations Officer, this position is responsible for the direction, strategy, planning and execution of the Company's Asian operations in Korea, Singapore, Shanghai, Taiwan, and Tokyo.
- Oversees and manages Country Managers, and hands-on operations of the Asian functions
- Ensures that manufacturing capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness
- Works closely with the Senior Vice President Asian Sales to coordinate support and strategies for customers
- Develops and manages budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product costs and margins
- Directs production control, production process development, quality systems, purchasing and shipping/receiving activities
- Supports new business and implements business practices that support MNC' Asian and global initiatives
- Works to ensure that the necessary level of time and resources are appropriately allocated to all functions within their countries
- Establishes strong business relationships with key customers throughout Asia, together with the Senior Vice President of Asian Sales
- Ensures the company complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and implements best practices where appropriate
- All aspects of logistical and supply chain management
- Indirect responsibilities also include Engineering, Finance, Human Resources, IT, Quality, and Service
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred, in a technical/related field
- 15+ years' experience in product engineering, manufacturing engineering and operations in a certified manufacturing organization (ISO certification), with 5 years in a senior management role
- Experience in materials management, from planning through purchasing, and negotiation and administration of procurement agreements
- 25-40% travel, both domestic and international
- Strong leadership and communications skills; extensive experience interacting with customers and within cross-functional or matrix organizations
- Direct skills in P&L management
- In depth knowledge of the local semiconductor industry and competitor landscape
- Excellent knowledge of all General Management functions including Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, Legal, etc.
- Passion for continuous improvement and operational excellence, including a proactive commitment to quality, health, safety, and environmental
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track activities
- Outstanding problem solving skills to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- US citizenship required
if interested please follow this steps:
To apply please indicate "SVP GM ASIA" in the subject line and use this application form.